Re: [jakartabatch-dev] Greetings, I've become a new committer

Hello Ondrej,

Welcome onboard, happy to have you there!

Romain Manni-Bucau

Le mar. 17 mars 2020 à 16:52, Ondrej Mihályi <ondrej.mihalyi@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :
Hello all,

I've recently joined the Batch specification project as a new committer. I'm a representative of Payara who is a member of the Jakarta EE WG and nominated me as a committer for Jakarta Batch and Jakarta Messaging specifications to reinforce the team and help. I realize that my committer membership wasn't approved by any vote and that I have no history in the Java EE Batch specification either. Therefore I want to assure you I won't commit anything on my own until I earn enough credit to do that. I'll rather act as a contributor first, raising PRs and asking for approval of any steps I'll be doing.

To be honest, I haven't been a member of any Java EE JCP expert group. But I've been closely working with the Java EE progress for around 4 years, before and while working at Payara. I'm a committer on the Eclipse MicroProfile project since it has joined the Eclipse foundation in 2017. In MicroProfile I've worked closely with 2 other Batch committers, Kevin Sutter and Mark Struberg.

I wish to be a valuable addition to the team and earn your respect.

Kind regards,

Ondrej Mihályi

Senior Payara Service Engineer
Payara-Tech LDA - Open Source Enterprise Software & Support
E: ondrej.mihalyi@xxxxxxxxxxx | T: +1 415 523 0175 | M: +421 902 079 891