Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] [External] : Re: Updating spec pages (was: Fwd: [jakartaee/specifications] Nosql Status update (#333))

I agree that keeping the Spec. pages up to date is useful. I didn't think there were specific compatibility criteria for anything other than a final release but maybe I'm missing something.

That said, if the consensus is, that this is a problem with making updates to these pages, perhaps the Spec. pages just indicate that work is proceeding and the project can publish details as needed on a separate site -- for example, GH Pages.

The advantage to GH Pages is that the project team has complete control over these and may update them as they feel necessary.

If we were to agree with this, the Spec. page could list summary abstract data and have a reference pointer to where the "latest and greatest" details are located.