[jakarta.ee-spec] Jakarta EE Spec Committee Minutes September 9th, 2020

Please find below the approved minutes from the September 9th meeting of the Jakarta EE Specification Committee. For reference minutes from previous meetings are here (note we will do our best to catch up with publishing the missing meeting minutes to the website). Going forward approved meeting minutes will be published to this mailing list.

Jakarta EE Spec Committee Agenda September 9th, 2020

Attendees (present in bold):

Kenji Kazumura - Fujitsu

Dan Bandera - IBM - Kevin Sutter

Ed Bratt - Oracle - Dmitry Kornilov

Andrew Pielage - Payara - Matt Gill

Scott Stark - Red Hat - Mark Little, Scott Marlow

David Blevins - Tomitribe - Jean-Louis Monteiro, Cesar Hernandez

Ivar Grimstad - PMC Representative

Marcelo Ancelmo - Participant Member - Martijn Verburg

Werner Keil - Committer Member

Scott (Congquan) Wang - Primeton - Enterprise Member

Eclipse Foundation: Tanja Obradovic, Paul Buck

Reference: EFSP, JESP

Past business / action items:

  • Approval is requested for the meeting minutes from the September 2nd meeting as drafted - Approved.

Agenda:

  • Jakarta EE 9 Specification Ballots

  • Discussed: We have a chicken and egg problem with listing on the certification request a released compatible implementation which depends on the API which is still on the ballot. We will come back to this discussion after the Jakarta EE 9 release. *

  • Another possible CDI issue - any need to re-do the  ballot?

Decision: For EE 9 we will proceed as we did in EE 8, and ballot based on the CDI passing the TCK and with the integration tests being passed with Platform and Web Profile certification.

Items below were not discussed and will be the lead of items on the call scheduled for September 16th

  • Why are the spec_finalization_checklist and handbook out of sync?

https://github.com/jakartaee/specification-committee/issues/39

  • Updates to the Compatible Products page for product version and Jakarta EE versions. [Christie]

We shared all proposals for the Committee’s comments in the email. Here is the file link. (PW: JakartaR0cks!)

Examples from Kevin on CRs:

Link for all Compatibility Certification Requests
Link to all Open Liberty Compatibility Certification Requests

  • Recording of the Specification Committee calls? [Werner]

Back to the top