Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [starter-dev] [jakartaee-ambassadors] Re: Jakarta EE Starter Usage Data

Rush, Haste and related expressions have two major known histories and end results regardless of whether it's done in early or late stages.

1. Without adequate preparation, rushing to do anything yields no valuable results, and most time results in a loss of time and other resources.

2. With adequate preparation, rushing to do anything yields endless results.

I have seen a few of the Jakarta EE leaders publishing posts, notes, and articles on JBoss, Wildfly... recently, but few or perhaps the majority here(devs and other related users) might testify that those technologies aren't extensively considered as placed or highly perceived in reality.

The users(orgs., dev...) are the major determiners of the future of our product, and a slight mistake or underestimation would become history on our side.

JSF [1], JSP,  EJB, and other related tools were rushed into the market during their own time in the early phase when our users needed them, and they are part of what helped to date.

Time waits for none.

1. Does our users(orgs, dev...) want us to incorporate AI/ML into our products?

2. Does it matter to them or even solve their problems?

3. If it matters to them, what is the percentage of those to whom such matters, and for how long are they willing to use such?

4. Should their priority be our concern or the priority of what we want?

5. Do we bother to care about what the majority of our users want or what we desire?

A survey(which can be produced in a maximum of 14 days) might be worth preparing to ascertain if our known and reachable users truly want AI/ML in our products.

With consistency, taking a step(regardless of how small it might be) yields unimaginable results over taking no steps.

NLP, AI, and ML incorporation are completely not in their early or golden phase and are all traceable to the time of TOACP(The Art of Computer Programming, by Prof. Donald Knuth [2] ).

Our users are the major determiners of the future of our product.  A slight mistake or underestimation would become history on our side.

References

[1.] Jakarta Faces, Wikipedia, Available at <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakarta_Faces>, [Accessed: May 22, 2024]

[2.] The Art of Computer Programming, Wikipedia, Available at < https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Art_of_Computer_Programming >,  [Accessed: May 22, 2024]

Thanks