Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta Starter 1.0.0 Released!

Hi all,

It's great to see such a page come up for the Jakarta EE community. I have some thoughts on what has been said here.

@Huseyin I can understand your reaction, but what kind of explicit features would you like to see for Jakarta EE in such an enriched UI? The fact that you only need one Jakarta EE maven dependency to access the whole Jakarta EE platform, kind of lowers the need for such an interface. I agree that in contrast to Quarkus and Spring, where you have component-based frameworks where you need to pick and choose your components.

@Sander Maven is still the standard way of building Jakarta EE applications. I have heard people say that Maven is too "limited" and too "rigid" for their applications. I'm genuinely curious as to what kind of applications people are developing where Maven as a build tool is "limiting". In this context, what features would Gradle bring to the table that would improve building Jakarta EE applications?

Hope this helps and I'm open to suggestions and discussion since I'm also a fan of improving the Jakarta EE ecosystem :)

Edwin

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 at 08:43, Sander <accountseclipse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx wrote (ao):
>    Note, version 1.1 is also well on it’s way and you can use the development
>    version here: [3]https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/starter. The current
>    roadmap is also outlined there.

Will gradle also be supported? It is not on the roadmap.

   Sander