If you mean voting that happens elsewhere and so far the Spec Committee or individual projects shall do their voting on the mailing list.

So this is a more ad hoc way to discuss things with a shorter feedback loop but I don't recall that the Spec Committee also got a Slack channel for the actual votes.

Werner

reza_rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Di., 11. Feb. 2020, 13:33:
For me it would be an inclusion and openness barrier if substantive discussion or decisions are being supposed to be made in Slack. Social and light conversations frankly I do not care neither do I have time for. I have a day job. Keeping up with email is the only luxury I can afford in the foreseeable future.

Reza Rahman

-------- Original message --------
From: Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallimore@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2/11/20 12:06 PM (GMT+00:00)
To: Jakarta EE community discussions <jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta EE Development Workspace - Slack invite

What sort of things are likely to be discussed on Slack? Are we likely to be making decisions, or having key conversations on Slack? My preference would be to work asynchronously via the mailing lists. I'd prefer to avoid signing up to Slack if I can, but I don't want to miss something important.

Jon