[jakarta.ee-community] Please Help Inform Azure Java EE/Jakarta EE Migration Guides

Dear community,

If you remember a few months ago I had asked for your participation in a study to understand how Java EE/Jakarta EE developers move to the cloud. One of the key learnings of that study is that Java EE/Jakarta EE developers see value in cloud providers having good, focused guidance on how to move to their particular platform. Following up on those findings the Azure team is now developing just such guidance that hopefully speaks to you, starting with Linux virtual machines and Kubernetes.

However, instead of developing this sort of guidance in a vacuum, we would like to work closely with actual end users on Azure. The goal would be to have a small selected set of customers give us real time feedback on the guidance we provide as we develop/release it iteratively. If desired, Microsoft is ready to help such customers with a free migration proof-of-concept. If this interests you, may I kindly ask that you fill out this form: https://microsoft.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_b903dEDAOzbiXDT? I would like to point out - even if you are not necessarily interested in migrating to Azure, it is still very helpful to fill out the form and share your ideas on what you would like to see. It is also important to point out that any material will be out there in open source where anyone can contribute. However, as we all know, there is no substitute to working very closely with actual user stakeholders.

May I also ask that you help spread word on this effort? You can do so easily by re-tweeting this: https://twitter.com/reza_rahman/status/1153358127229743104.

Do remember that you are always welcome to reach out to me on just about any topic related to Azure and Java EE. I believe we at Microsoft are working hard on your behalf and I am certainly always glad to hear from you. I hope you can help us out too.

Cheers,

Reza Rahman

Principal Program Manager

Java on Azure at Microsoft