Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Happy New Copyright Year!

My understanding is that copyright is automatic in both the US and Europe which means you don’t legally have to do anything. However lawyers like to make sure if some kind of lawsuit were to happen that they have a really strong and safe case and copyright headers are one example of this. Adding years is just another layer in any legal case.

I kind of liken it to Defense in depth for security, but applied to legal stuff.

Also not a lawyer.

Alasdair Nottingham