Re: [jakarta.ee-community] About Profiles

So believe it or now we discussed this quite a lot when we kicked off
MicroProfile and even conducted some community surveys. MP 1.0 had the
following with the following justifications:

- JAX-RS because we need some standard way for microservices to
communicate. A microservice that cannot interact or with which you
cannot interact is a very lonely service indeed.

- CDI because ... well need I say more :) ?

- JSON-P because it was felt without it we'd have a number of interop problems.

Now clearly that was two years ago and there was no config at the time
or security.

I still feel that, with the possible exception of JSON-P, CDI and
JAX-RS are needed. Config? Yes. Security? Personally I feel that
microservices without security are an accident waiting to happen.