[iot-wg] Eclipse Edge Native special interest group

Hi everyone.

We recently restructured the Edge Native working group into a special interest group (SIG) of the same name under the Eclipse IoT working group. This will enable our edge computing community to operate more efficiently and reach a broader audience.

From an external standpoint, little will change. The existing Edge Native website, Slack, and social media channels will stay. Naturally, our Edge Computing projects continue development as usual. This change does not affect Eclipse ioFog, Eclipse Kanto, and Eclipse zenoh.

The bi-weekly Edge Native community meeting becomes the SIG meeting. I sent out a refreshed invite earlier today. For now, I will allow anyone to join, but this will change in the future. Membership in the Edge Native SIG is reserved for Leader and Innovator members of Eclipse IoT. If your organization is not a Leader or Innovator member, upgrading your membership to gain access to the SIG is possible. Please feel free to contact me for more details.

Up to now, Edgeworx, Eurotech, Kynetics, Red Hat, and ZettaScale have confirmed their participation. I sincerely hope you will join them.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Frédéric DESBIENS

Program Manager and Evangelist — IoT and Edge Computing | Eclipse Foundation

Community. Code. Collaboration.

Join us in Ludwigsburg! EclipseCon 2023 - October 16-19, 2023

Back to the top