[iot-wg] IoT Community Monthly - June 2017

Hi everyone,

Summer is here! Before you rush off on holiday, find out what happened in the Eclipse IoT Community this month. Questions or suggestions? Email iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

The next working group call is tomorrow, June 28 at 12 pm ET / 6 pm CEST.

New WG Member

We’d like to welcome SAP as a member of the Eclipse IoT Working Group.

https://iot.eclipse.org/working-group/

Community News

Eclipse IoT Steering Committee and Charter

Steering Committee volunteers are from Bosch SI, Eurotech, and Red Hat

https://ianskerrett.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/new-eclipse-iot-charter-and-steering-committee/

Open Testbeds

Check out the webpage to learn more about Eclipse IoT Open Testbeds. We are currently working on a new testbed around Industry 4.0 and Production Performance Management. Join the conversation on the WG calls or the mailing list to participate to current or upcoming testbeds.

https://iot.eclipse.org/testbeds/

Community Videos

Video: An introduction to Eclipse Keti - Screencast with Sanjeev Chopra

https://youtu.be/BJPN7W65c4U

Events

Last week, the Foundation’s Eclipse IoT team was at EclipseCon France. There were many great IoT talks by various speakers. Thank you for joining us in sunny (and very warm) Toulouse!

Talk list: https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2017/session-tracks/iot-and-embedded

Upcoming Conferences/Events

Eclipse IoT Day @ Thingmonk

September 11 | London, UK

http://thingmonk.com/

IoT World Congress

October 3-5 | Barcelona, Spain

http://www.iotsworldcongress.com/

EclipseCon Europe 2017

October 24-26 | Ludwigsburg, Germany

https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2017/

Eclipse IoT Day @ ECE 2017

October 24 | Ludwigsburg, Germany

https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2017/iot

Call for Papers

IoT World Congress

October 3-5 | Barcelona, Spain

http://www.iotsworldcongress.com/

Call For Awards - deadline is July 15

http://www.iotsworldcongress.com/2017-call-for-iot-solutions-awards/

EclipseCon Europe 2017
October 24-26 | Ludwigsburg, Germany
https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2017/

Call for papers deadline is July 17

Eclipse IoT Day @ Thingmonk

September 11 | London, UK

Email us iot@xxxxxxxxxxx

Call for Papers deadline is July 31

Virtual IoT Meetup

Interested in presenting/demoing your awesome IoT project/app through a Virtual IoT meetup? Have a cool speaker/topic idea? Let us know!

Upcoming

Jun 28: Rapid IoT Prototyping with Eclipse Vorto

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/240383713/

Sep 20: Smarter Internet of Things by Stream and Event Processing w/ Istvan Rath, Incquery Labs

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/238648625/

We are always open to suggestions, let us know what’s on your mind iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,

Roxanne