From: iot-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:iot-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Alexander Al Schmitt
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2017 8:08 AM
To: iot-wg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [iot-wg] Deutsche Bahn joining the iot working group

Hello everyone!

On behalf of Deutsche Bahn (German Railway), DB Systel wants to join the
Eclipse IoT Working Group.

Digitalization will play a key role in helping us achieve our objectives for
the future of transportation and logistics. The Internet of Things is the
connecting element that brings together different and often proprietary
systems and makes digital innovations and process optimization even
possible.

DB Systel has already used Eclipse IoT technology, Eclipse Paho and Eclipse
Mosquitto, to build in-vehicle systems, power digital text displays on the
stations or monitor escalators and elevator for our clients for a couple of
years.

With the increasing number of digital interoperable fleets and
infrastructure we see the need to have open standards and open source
software implementing or even defining these standards. With hackathon
programs, our open data platform, a growing start-up network and
partnerships with research institutes interoperability of things is crucial
for us. We must actively promote open standards and openness to enable
digital innovation.

One very promising way to do that is to join the Eclipse IoT working group
alongside the technology leaders in the field of the Internet of Things. We
want to bring in our decade-long technical expertise in the fields of
machine-to-machine communication and safety-relevant systems in the rail and
transportation market into the Eclipse IoT working group. As integrator and
enabler on the digitalization for our clients we achieve to contribute
improvements on Eclipse IoT technology, eventually.

I am looking forward working together with you!

Regards,

Alexander Schmitt
Chief Architect
Application Development & Integration
Strategic Architecture Management (D.IPI 4(S))

DB Systel GmbH
Jürgen-Ponto-Platz 1, 60329 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)69 265-50573
Mobile: +49 (0)151 12220569