[iot-wg] IoT Community Update - March 2017

Hi everyone,

Spring is here! It was great seeing those of you who attended the Eclipse IoT Day + WG Meeting in San Jose last week. The Eclipse IoT speaker slides are available on the website and the session recordings will be available on the Eclipse Foundation's YouTube channel soon.

Here is what has been happening in our community this month.

Open IoT Challenge 3.0

The Open IoT Challenge 3.0 challenge winners have been announced! Find out who won and which technologies (Eclipse IoT and more) they used. https://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/openiotchallenge3_winners.php

Eclipse Newsletter - IoT Themed

This month, the Eclipse Newsletter theme was Eclipse IoT. There were four articles about Eclipse Hono, Eclipse ioFog Eclipse Kapua, and Eclipse Vorto. Big thank you to the projects and authors for contributing these great articles.

Read the newsletter: https://www.eclipse.org/community/eclipse_newsletter/2017/march/

Community News

Events

We attended many events this month, including the Eclipse DemoCamp in Toulouse, Bosch Connected World, the Eclipse IoT Day + Eclipse Converge and Devoxx US. We love connecting with our community and meeting new people. Remember to tell us about any Eclipse IoT events you’re hosting or attending. Up next for us is the Red Hat Summit and IoT World 2017 in Santa Clara (more on this below).

Community Articles/Videos

Article: Running Kapua on OpenShift - Henryk Konsek

https://medium.com/@hekonsek/running-kapua-on-openshift-951aa966c187#.x65qiqxxg

Video: How Eclipse Hono enables device-related communication for the IoT - Kai Hudalla/Bosch SI

https://youtu.be/U0Drr9465vg

Upcoming Conferences/Events

Red Hat Summit 2017

May 2-4 | Boston, Massachusetts

Eclipse IoT will be present demoing the new testbeds.

https://www.redhat.com/en/summit/2017

IoT World 2017

May 16-18 | Santa Clara, California

Benefit from the 20% Discount for Eclipse IoT members when registering. Use the VIP Code: ECLIPSE20

Eclipse IoT will have a booth at the event, please let us know if  you want to demo at the booth or collaborate.

https://tmt.knect365.com/iot-world/?utm_source=ONLINE&utm_medium=BANNER&utm_content=eclipse+foundation+listing&utm_campaign=TEC6227

EclipseCon France 2017

June 21-22 | Toulouse, France

https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2017/

IoT Slam® Live 2017

June 21-22 | North Carolina, USA

http://iotslam.com/

Eclipse IoT Day @ Thingmonk

September 11 | London, UK

http://thingmonk.com/

Call for Papers

EclipseCon France 2017

June 21-22 | Toulouse, France

https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2017/cfp

LAST CALL. The deadline is March 29 at 23:59 CET

IoT Slam® Live 2017

June 21-22 | North Carolina, USA

Call for Papers deadline is March 31

http://iotslam.com/cfp

Eclipse IoT Day @ Thingmonk

September 11 | London, UK

http://thingmonk.com/thingmonk/cfp/2017/02/07/thingmonk-cfp.html

Call for Papers deadline is July 31

IoT Survey - Now closed

The IoT Developer Survey is now closed. We received a record 713 responses! We will analyse the responses and share them with you by early April. Thank you again for helping us disseminate it to your communities.

Virtual IoT Meetup

Interested in presenting/demoing your awesome IoT project/app through a Virtual IoT meetup? Have a cool speaker/topic idea? Let us know!

Upcoming

Apr 5: Samsung ARTIK IDE for IoT (Powered by Eclipse Che) w/ Dan Gross, Samsung and Brad Micklea, Codenvy

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/237954088/

April 19: Building a Cloudless Smart Home with openHAB 2 w/ Kai Kreuzer, Deutsche Telekom

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/238648474/

May 24: Smarter Internet of Things by Stream and Event Processing w/ Istvan Rath, Incquery Labs

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/238648625/

Recently Aired

Mar 8: Visually Developing Solutions for the IoT with Reactive Blocks

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/237782007/

We are always open to suggestions, let us know what’s on your mind iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,

Roxanne