[iot-wg] IoT Community Update - January 2017

Hi everyone,

It’s already the end of January and we’re less than two months away from the Eclipse IoT Day, the face-to-face Eclipse IoT WG Meeting and Devoxx US. We look forward to seeing you there!

Here is what has happened in our community this month.

IoT Survey - Final Review

The IoT Developer Survey is nearly ready. It will be open for responses starting February 6 and will remain open for a month. We would really appreciate if you could relay it to your networks, co-workers and communities once it is ready. We will send you all the necessary information next week.

REVIEW: This is the final call for review. You can view and test the survey here. Please send any comments or concerns to iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Community News

Strategy for 2017

Over the past month we’ve discussed the 2017 Eclipse IoT Working Group Strategy. View the results: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uxE9VdYaoDXt--4v5XSkQ5YDkZqXMPyHal7IJrCWYAo/edit

Eclipse IoT Day | San Jose Program is Live

https://iot.eclipse.org/eclipse-iot-day-san-jose/

Community Articles

Eclipse  IoT in 2016: A Year in Review

https://blog.benjamin-cabe.com/2016/12/22/eclipse-iot-in-2016

IoT Trends to Watch in 2017

https://ianskerrett.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/iot-trends-to-watch-in-2017/

Eclipse IoT Day in San Jose

https://ianskerrett.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/eclipse-iot-day-in-san-jose/

Community Tutorials

Building a wireless sensor network using Bluetooth Low Energy, MQTT-SN, and the BBC micro:bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsxaLvznD64

Open IoT Challenge 3.0

Open IoT Challenge 3.0 — Mid-point Update!

The Challenge participants have a little over a month left to finalize their proposed solution. Read more:

https://medium.com/@roxanne.iot/open-iot-challenge-3-0-mid-point-update-abdd46fae02e#.tv3tc8id2

Upcoming Conferences/Events

FOSDEM 2017

February 4-5 | Brussels, Belgium

Steffen Evers, Bosch SI will be speaking and demoing Eclipse IoT

https://fosdem.org/2017/schedule/event/iot_eclipse/

IoT Evolution

February 7-10 | Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ian Skerrett will be speaking.

http://www.iotevolutionexpo.com/east/

Bosch ConnectWorld

March 14-15 | Berlin, Germany

http://bcw.bosch-si.com/berlin/

Bosch ConnectedExperience

The Eclipse IoT WG Members are invited to Bosch ConnectedExperience. Register for free with the discount code below (limited offer). http://bcw.bosch-si.com/berlin/open-iot-hackathon/ Code: BCX17HEEclipse

Eclipse IoT Day | San Jose 2017

March 20 | San Jose, California

https://iot.eclipse.org/eclipse-iot-day-san-jose/

Eclipse IoT F2F WG Meeting

March 21 | San Jose, California

https://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseIoT_SanJose2017

IoT World 2017

May 16-18 | Santa Clara, California

Eclipse IoT will have a booth at the event, please let us know if  you want to demo at the booth or collaborate.

https://tmt.knect365.com/iot-world/

Call for Papers

EclipseCon France 2017

June 21-22 | Toulouse, France

https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2017/cfp

Deadline: March 29, 2017, 23:59 CET

Cloud Foundry Summit

June 13-15 | Santa Clara, CA

https://www.cloudfoundry.org/summit-2017-cfp/

Deadline: February 17, 2017, 11:59 PM PST

Virtual IoT Meetup

Interested in presenting/demoing your awesome IoT project/app through a Virtual IoT meetup? Have a cool speaker/topic idea? Let us know!

Upcoming

Feb 16: Developing IoT-enabled Distributed Real-time Control Apps with Eclipse 4diac

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/236869741/

Recently Aired

Jan 12: Building IoT Mashups for Industry 4.0 with Eclipse Kura and Kura Wires

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/236089103/

Jan 26: Building a Smarter Eclipse IoT Greenhouse with Eclipse Vorto, Kura, Californium

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/236395128/

Jan 31: My Minecraft-Smart-Home: Prototyping the Internet of Uncanny Things

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/236354890/

We are always open to suggestions, let us know what’s on your mind iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,

Roxanne