Re: [iot-wg] Testbeds for Eclipse IoT tech and ecosystem

Hi Benjamin,

Your draft document looks very interesting...

I would add an on-board computer for the forklift, so that few more parameters like the air pressure in the tires, the fuel consumption, engine state can also be measured.  This way the efficiency of the forklift can be followed/measured and some predictive maintenance scenarios can be implemented. For example based on the read parameters and the previous working history of the forklift, the next potential failure can be predicted, new repairment parts can be automatically ordered, schedule the maintenance time etc...

A pure web based dashboard could be easily implemented using MQTT over web sockets.

For connecting the system to commercial IoT offering I can help if there is interest to connect it to the SAP HANA Cloud Platform IoT Services.

Feel free to contact me if you need help in the implementation of this scenario or in the development of concepts for other similar testbeds.

Best Regards,
Jovan