[iot-wg] IoT Community Update - December 2016

Hi everyone,

2017 is nearly here! Keep reading to know what our community has been up to this December. Happy Holidays to everyone!

Community News

Announcing Eclipse IoT Day San Jose 2017

https://www.eclipse.org/org/press-release/iotdaysanjose.php

Community Articles

Using MQTT and Eclipse Paho in Android Things

https://blog.benjamin-cabe.com/2016/12/16/using-mqtt-and-eclipse-paho-in-android-things

IoT Trends to Watch in 2017

https://ianskerrett.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/iot-trends-to-watch-in-2017/

Remote Managing Eclipse Kura on Apache Karaf with ECF

https://dentrassi.de/2016/12/16/remote-managing-eclipse-kura-on-apache-karaf-with-ecf/

New Members

Welcome CEA List to the Eclipse IoT Working Group!

https://iot.eclipse.org/working-group/

Open IoT Challenge 3.0

Announcing the Open IoT Challenge 3.0 Scholars

https://blog.benjamin-cabe.com/2016/12/08/announcing-the-open-iot-challenge-3-0-scholars

We directed the participants to the Eclipse project pages. Please stay vigilant for any questions they might have over the next couple months.

Upcoming Conferences/Events

IoT Evolution

February 7-10, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Ian Skerrett will be speaking.

http://www.iotevolutionexpo.com/east/

Eclipse IoT Day

March 20, 2017 | San Jose, California

https://iot.eclipse.org/eclipse-iot-day-san-jose/

IoT World 2017

May 16-18, 2017 | Santa Clara, California

Eclipse IoT will have a booth at the event, please let us know if  you want to demo at the booth or collaborate.

https://tmt.knect365.com/iot-world/

Virtual IoT Meetup

Interested in presenting/demoing your awesome IoT project/app through a Virtual IoT meetup? Have a cool speaker/topic idea? Let us know!

Upcoming

Jan 12: Building IoT Mashups for Industry 4.0 with Eclipse Kura and Kura Wires

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/236089103/

Jan 31: My Minecraft-Smart-Home: Prototyping the Internet of Uncanny Things

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/236354890/

Recently Aired

Dec 8: 10 Reasons Why Java Is The Best Platform For Developing IoT Applications

https://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/235877056/

We are open to suggestions, let us know what’s on your mind iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Regards,

Roxanne