[iot-wg] White paper for Eclipse IoT

Benjamin and I have been working on a new way to talk about the Eclipse IoT community. Our community has come a long way over the last number of years.  We typically talk about Eclipse IoT as implementing IoT standards and IoT frameworks.  This is certainly still true but I think it does not encompass a lot of our new projects.

The new approach we are suggesting is to show how the Eclipse IoT community is implementing 3 different stacks of open source software for IoT solutions. The 3 stacks target: 1) devices, 2) gateways and 3) IoT platforms.  We have written the first draft of a white paper to describe each of these stacks.  We will also be following up with a presentation and eventually an update web site.

During the IoT WG meeting on Wednesday we would like to discuss the white paper and get your feedback.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bDtkBw560wihAUv-UG9Srwqb6xsr-ZD1mgeYgDDRt_E/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks

Ian

Back to the top