[iot-wg] IoT Community Update - April 2016

Hello everyone,

During the IoT Unconference at EclipseCon 2016 it became clear that we could do a better job at keeping you informed about the exciting things that are going on in the Eclipse IoT community. Starting now, we will be sending out a monthly community update via email at the end of every month. Feel free to send comments, suggestions or contributions to iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

Eclipse Projects Articles
New Logos
The Eclipse Mosquitto project now has a logo! View it here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgZ3XzbWwAACVae.jpg

New Eclipse IoT Projects
A big welcome to these new Eclipse IoT Projects!
Upcoming Events
IoT World 2016
We will have a booth with demos at the event and we will be speaking at the event.
May 10 - 12 | Santa Clara, Silicon Valley
https://iotworldevent.com/

OSCON US
We will have a booth with demos at the event.
May 18-19 | Austin, TX
http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/open-source-us

Free OSCON Expo Plus Passes: Discount code OSCON16XPO which is good for an unlimited number of Expo Hall Plus pass registrations on oscon.com.

EclipseCon France
June 7 - 9 | Toulouse, France
https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2016/
IoT Track: https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2016/session-tracks/iot-and-embedded

Call for Papers
JavaOne 2016
Call for Proposal open now until May 9
https://www.oracle.com/javaone/call-for-proposals.html
Sept 18-22 | San Francisco, CA

ETSI IoT/M2M Workshop 2016 featuring the Smart World
Call for presentations/demos open now until June 30
Nov 14-17 | Sophia Antipolis, France
http://www.etsi.org/news-events/events/1086-2016-11-etsi-iot-m2m-workshop-2016-featuring-the-smart-world

Virtual IoT Meetup
You may have heard that we created a Virtual IoT Meetup and try to host a webinar every two weeks. You will also notice that the webinars are open to anything revolving around IoT. If you have ideas about what we should feature in future sessions, please let us know!
http://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/

Upcoming
May 5: PlatformIO: a cross-platform IoT solution to build them all!  http://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/229964142/

Past
Spy on your MQTT devices for fun and profit with mqtt-spy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iErX-l7QPp8
Strong devices weakly connected: bringing DevOps to IoT with resin.io https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iErX-l7QPp8

Other news
IoT Developer Survey Results
Thank you to everyone who contributed to the Eclipse IoT Developer Survey. The results are now available: https://ianskerrett.wordpress.com/2016/04/14/profile-of-an-iot-developer-results-of-the-iot-developer-survey/

Eclipse IoT Stickers
Find us at a conference to get Eclipse IoT stickers or get them here! https://www.stickermule.com/marketplace/11929-eclipse-iot-logo

Regards,
Roxanne