Re: [iot-wg] Project leads call tomorrow

On 20/05/2014 8:43 AM, Jens Reimann wrote:
We submitted the request to license@xxxxxxxxxxx, but I think we should put up a topic and need a guideline for cases like this. Since in the M2M/IoT world this will occur a few times with different protocols.

I would definitely encourage the group to discuss this topic, and keep it on the list of on-going issues.

However, I would like to point out that there is no general solution to the question of which specs can Eclipse projects implement. Each spec organization, and sometimes each individual spec has their own IPR rules, and the Foundation has to ensure that those rules conform to the open source license(s) used by the project.

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top