[iot-pmc] Review request for Eclipse Cyclone DDS 0.6.0 release

Hi Erik,

On 26.05.20 08:05, Erik Boasson wrote:
> Dear PMC members,
>
> Could please review the 0.6.0 release of Cyclone DDS? The originally
> planned slot has already been missed and the deadline for the next (June
> 3) EMO release review is closing tomorrow.
>
> Apologies for asking again and with such short notice for the next
> release deadline as I know you are all very busy. I am trying to
> schedule this release (and the next) to fit in with the upcoming ROS 2
> release and that adds urgency.

You are lucky in this case because according to the Eclipse Development
Process [1] you do not need a release review because you had a
successful release review in Dec 2019 and thus do not need one for the
following year. However, if you really want to do the release review we
can, of course, do it.
I have taken a look at the review information and it looks very good to
me :-) I am also happy that you seem to have found new adopters in the
ROS2 community.
However, keep in mind that you ALWAYS need to keep your IP log up to
date, this means that each of your pre-req dependencies MUST be covered
by an approved CQ.

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/projects/handbook/#pmi-review

> Please
> see: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.cyclonedds/releases/0.6.0-florestan and https://github.com/eclipse-cyclonedds/cyclonedds/tree/releases/0.6.x
>
> Many thanks,
> Erik Boasson
>
> On 8 May 2020, at 10:54, Erik Boasson <eb@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:eb@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear PMC members,
>>
>> Please review Cyclone DDS and its release documentation for its 0.6.0
>> release (see
>> https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.cyclonedds/releases/0.6.0-florestan
>> and https://github.com/eclipse-cyclonedds/cyclonedds). This release is
>> timed to match the ROS2 Foxy Fitzroy release in which it has become a
>> tier-1 middleware option. We’re aiming to become the default, but
>> becoming tier-1 is a good first step.
>>
>> This release is expected to be the final release before merging in
>> support for DDS Security, which has been under development and test
>> for quite some time. Hopefully that process will go smoothly and a
>> 0.7.0 release will follow shortly.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Erik Boasson
>> on behalf of everyone contributing to Cyclone DDS

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla

Software Developer - Bosch IoT Hub

Bosch.IO GmbH
Ullsteinstr. 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch.io

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht
Charlottenburg; HRB 148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke;
Managing Directors: Dr. Stefan Ferber, Dr. Aleksandar Mitrovic, Yvonne
Reckling

Back to the top