[iot-pmc] Proposal for archiving Eclipse NeoSCADA

Hello PMC,

my work in IoT has shifted away from Eclipse NeoSCADA a few years back. I promised to keep the lights on, and help other people get into the project, in order to ease the transition.

Now, after three years, I don't see much activity on the project upstream. I also don't have the time anymore to do a release myself. So I think it is time to think about archiving the project.

To my understanding, the project is still being used in production by some companies, and so I want to give everyone a last chance, to step up and take over. As I do know that some people are just interested in a few bits and pieces of the rather large project, I think it could be a possibility to take over only a part of the project, and just focus on a specific module. I am open to proposals.

I would be happy to assist as a mentor to a new project, and help people find their way around in the Eclipse Foundation. But I don't have the time to be a project lead or committer for NeoSCADA or any follow up project.

Thank you NeoSCADA for all the fun we had. I hope you will find someone new to play with.

Cheers

Jens

--
Jens Reimann
Principal Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Tom Savage, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top