[iot-pmc] Fork mcpp project

Hi All,

This subject has already been brought up in a different thread, but we (cyclonedds project) would very much like to fork the mcpp project (http://mcpp.sourceforge.net/).

mcpp is a portable c/c++ preprocessor.

While mcpp is merely a (future) dependency of our product, the original author of the project isn't very active anymore. This information is based on a short email conversation I've had with him and the activity on the SourceForge project page (https://sourceforge.net/projects/mcpp/). As mcpp is feature complete, not getting new features is not an issue, but we do need builds for newer platforms working and get some basic fixes in from time to time. I would prefer to send this back upstream, but it won't get in (no replies on discussions for a long time and no bugfixes or commits).

I think that forking the mcpp project and doing basic maintenance etc is best done as part of the cyclonedds project. Maybe we can name the project cyclonedds-mcpp or something to indicate it's meant just for the cyclonedds project?

Please advise on how to proceed.

Best regards,
Jeroen Koekkoek

Back to the top