Re: [iot-pmc] Request assistance for Eclipse Cyclone DDS

Hi Guys,

I've been following the conversation a bit and let me start by saying that I fully agree. This situation must be resolved, but in order to do so I first need to have the privileges.

The commit history is gone from the project, but I've been working on our private copy for quite some time (about 1.5 years, since incubation). What's visible in the community, for now, is the entire build system and all the conan recipes etc (different repositories). Other than that I'm working on a FreeRTOS port and as part of ADLINK, I'm working on adding ISOCPP support. To be fair, I'm 2nd in line when it comes to activity: https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.cyclonedds/who.

What do I need to do to provide enough proof?

Best regards,
Jeroen Koekkoek

On 2018-09-18 16:53, Jens Reimann wrote:

I fully agree with Kai here. And I would like to add something.

The Eclipse project handbook says:

---
Each project is entitled to define how it evaluates "[people] who have the trust of the Project's Committers ... [through] contributing and showing discipline and good judgment". This definition needs to be a transparent and public document on the project's website (the top-level project charter may provide this). It is extremely important to publish these criteria to avoid any issues around cliques or "the in-crowd" preventing others from joining a project.
---

Having personal conversations with a committer, not sharing work, doesn't really help as an argument in favor IMHO. The problem for me would be, how would other contributors be nominated in a similar fashion then? As Kai mentioned, there is no public record, which would make the decision transparent to others.

I also think something sounds a little odd here, if 3 project leads and 4 committers are inactive on the project, but still vote. I would of course understand if all (but one) committer are inactive and won't be involved in the project in the future. Then we might think about declaring the project dysfunctional (not in a technical sense of course) and reset the committer base. Things like this happen and there is a solution for that.

Otherwise I think it maybe helpful help us understand the current situation of the project a bit better.