Re: [iot-pmc] PMC Approval required for Committer Election for Fatih Ayvaz on Eclipse Kuksa

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of a problem with approving the two Kuksa committer elections. Looking at the Eclipse Project Handbook [1] I think that both nominations lack the information of why the projects trusts the committer candidates.

My understanding, reading the nomination criteria, is that the reason for nomination, is the fact they opened a PR, which isn't even merged yet. And right after that, the nomination was opened.

So if the project defines "trust" by simply opening a PR, then I think this is not the right way to elect new committers. As every contributor, opening a PR, would have the same right to become a committer on the project.

If they both had been forgotten in the initial contributors list, then that would be different story. In that case it would make sense to be to let us know if anyone else had been forgotten, so that the initial contributor list can be updated.

Cheers

Jens