Re: [iot-pmc] Small patch exceptions?

On 2018-08-27 5:06 AM, Kai Kreuzer wrote:
Dear PMC colleagues,

This is probably a noob question, but I think to remember that in the past there was something like a „small patch exception“, which allowed to accept typo fixes and single line comment/documentation changes to be accepted without requiring an ECA from the contributor.

I am not sure whether I only dreamt of that exception, because I cannot find anything about it in the committer handbook nor anywhere on the web…

I’m just asking as I am not sure how to correctly handle https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/pull/6117 - asking the person to add a sign-off, register an Eclipse account and sign the ECA just to change an „an“ to an „and“ is imho the safest way to scare him off and never ever see him again…

So do we have any exceptional rules that I am not aware of and that can be applied here? How do you handle such situations?

I would suggest asking for assistance from emo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

If there isn't currently a way to do this, please open a bug and we will look into it. I agree that there should be a lightweight mechanism to accept one letter corrections.

---