Re: [iot-pmc] OASIS MQTT 5.0 standard 'statement of use' on behalf of Eclipse Paho

On Wed, 2018-06-27 at 16:00 +0100, Ian Craggs wrote:
> Hello fellow PMC members,
> we are in the final stages of the process of polishing off the MQTT 5.0
> specification at OASIS.  As part of that process, a number of "statements of
> use" are required.
> https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/oasis-defined-terms-2018-05-22#d
> StatementUse
> "Statement of Use", with respect to a Committee Specification or Project
> Specification, is a written statement that a party has successfully used or
> implemented that specification in accordance with all or some of
> its conformance clauses, identifying those clauses that apply, and stating
> whether its use included the interoperation of multiple independent
> implementations. The Statement of Use must be made to a specific version of the
> Specification and must include the Specification's approval date. The party may
> be an OASIS Member or a non-member. In case of a non-member, the Statement of
> Use must be submitted via the Technical Committee's or Project Governing
> Board's comment facility.
> I would like to submit a statement of use on behalf of the Eclipse Paho
> project, as we've implemented a server and more than one client library.
> I wanted to check if you think it's ok for me to do this without further
> approvals, or not.

FMPOV the Paho project can basically do what it wants :-) That said, if you think
that the work in Paho qualifies for that kind of statement, then I think you
should do so. I do not see any reasons why the Eclipse Foundation should have a
say in this nor should be in a position to prevent you from doing so.

Any other opinions?