[iot-pmc] First Eclipse IoT Open Testbed is now live!

All,

I am pretty thrilled to share with you the exciting news – the first Eclipse IoT Open Testbed is now officially launched, and I am confident it is just the first of many to come!

This first testbed focuses on Asset Tracking and has been a collaboration between the following Eclipse IoT member companies: Red Hat (leading the charge by defining the use case and contributing a lot to the actual development), Azul Systems, Codenvy, Eurotech and Samsung. The Asset Tracking Management testbed demonstrates how assets with various sensors can be tracked in real-time in order to minimize the cost of lost or damaged parcels. Just like future testbeds, this is meant to be a very specific business case that helps focus on concrete challenges that need to be solved, and that allows to demonstrate how open source and commercial components can be used to tackle them.

Among the many things that went live today are:
Also, next week, we'll be demoing the testbed at Red Hat Summit as well as use it as part of a "Codestarter" (ie. Hackathon) on Tuesday night where the developers attending will have an opportunity to learn firsthand how to connect their own gateways/devices to the testbed. Two weeks later (May 16-18) we will be exhibiting again in the Eclipse Foundation booth at IoT World 2017.

Like I said, this is only the first testbed, and over time I hope to see people not only extending that one, but also collaborate on other testbeds (e.g Smart Manufacturing, waste management, eHealth, …).
If you have any questions/comments, please reach out either on the mailing list or privately.

Thanks again to everyone who's helped make this first testbed a reality!

Regards,
Benjamin –

PS: feel free to promote any of the aforementioned links in your social network, obviously! :-)

Benjamin Cabé – IoT Program Manager & Evangelist

Eclipse Foundation
+33 (0) 619196101
@kartben

Back to the top