Re: [iot-pmc] How we want to do things in the IoT PMC

On Mon, 2017-03-27 at 09:47 +0200, Jens Reimann wrote:

> > > * We don't vote on projects we (PMC) are involved ourselves
> > But we can still process CQs filed by people from our own organization, can't
> > we?
>
> Yes, as long as you are not actively working on the project. For me, I simply
> don't vote when I am a comitter on the project. But that does not only cover CQ
> but also other votes like comitters, releases, … Of course nothing speaks
> against stating your opinion! Or sending the other PMCs a nagging e-mail to
> have a look at your stuff. The idea behind that simply is, if you +1 all your
> own requests, that would be odd.

Absolutely, makes sense to me. I was just wondering about CQs that my colleague
Kai Zimmermann would create for e.g. hawkBit. But I think we are on the same page
here.

So, does this mail thread now conclude the "official Beginner's Guide to the IoT
PMC"? ;-)

Kai (II)

Back to the top