Re: [iot-pmc] Discussion/Vote on Eclipse Kapua - GXT Version: 2.2.5

Yes, exactly. Kura moved to GWT since version 2.0.

In terms of approach yes, in terms of technology let's see. The two (Kura and Kapua) have different requirements.

Stefano

From: iot-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <iot-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 7, 2016 3:59:37 PM
To: iot-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [iot-pmc] Discussion/Vote on Eclipse Kapua - GXT Version: 2.2.5

I was under the impression that Kura has recently moved from GXT to GWT.

Is that correct?

If so, does that show the path forward for Kapua?

On 10/7/2016 9:44 AM, Morson, Stefano wrote:

Hi,

I confirm the same approach used for Kura: A flag in the maven config that will make the build fully consume GXT in a non-EPL-compatible fashion and that this flag is always kept turned off at Eclipse.

I agree with the idea to look for more license-friendly alternative. Unfortunately the replacement was not possible for the first contribution that's why we asked for a works-with dependency.

Since GXT is not going to change his licensing model, we'll not consider it a long term solution and we already started planning concretely for an alternative.

Hope this answers your doubts,

Stefano