[iot-pmc] Moving from Bugzilla to Github issues

Hi all,

as the question came up how we migrated the SmartHome bugs from bugzilla to github, this is how we did it:

1. we exported the bugzilla bugs to XML
2. we used the following script:
    https://github.com/sjka/BugzillaMigrate
    (I had to fix a few minor perl glitches from the original project...)
    you can install its dependencies using cpan:
         install Mozilla::CA
         install Net::GitHub::V3
3. Then, migrate by simply calling
    ./bzmigrate.pl -i -f ~/Downloads/<bugzillaExportXml> -l <githubAccountName> -r <githubRepositoryName> -o eclipse -p <bugzillaProductName>

There is one drawback though: I couldn't manage to migrate more than ~30 bugs in a row. After that, github identified my account as spammer and blocked me for a while. It didn't hurt much in our case, so I didn't search for a workaround.

Hope that helps somebody...

Cheers,
Simon

Back to the top