Re: [incubation] Questions related to the initial contribution

Hello Rémi:

The IP Team will apply the Parallel IP [1] process to the initial Contribution Questionnaire (CQ) in order to get the project up and running as quickly as possible.  That is our standard operating procedure.

The Initial IP Request submission is intended to encompass all project code that is being contributed to the project as part of project kickoff.  Should you not include certain modules at this time, you will not be able to check them in until you request further IP review.  We fully expect project committers to continue to develop the codebase while the IP Team completes full due diligence review.

As you prepare your submission, the following may be helpful:

* You may provide more than one attachment to the initial CQ in the order to represent the structure of the content if you wish

* Please adhere to the Eclipse Namespace Policy [2]

* Please ensure the necessary copyright and license headers are in place [3]

* Do not include third party content with the project code CQ.  Separate third party CQs for the project’s third party dependencies [4] must be filed separately.

*  All Third Party CQs will receive Type A IP Review (License Compatibility Check) only during the onboarding process (again in order to get the project up and running as quickly as possible)

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/Parallel_IP_Process

[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Development_Resources/HOWTO/The_Eclipse_Code_Namespace_Policy
[3] https://eclipse.org/legal/copyrightandlicensenotice.php
[4]
https://eclipse.org/org/documents/Eclipse_Policy_and_Procedure_for_3rd_Party_Dependencies_Final.pdf

We hope this helps and we look forward to working with you and the sensiNact project.

Sharon Corbett

IP Team