Re: [incubation] Dependency rules

On 11/16/2016 05:40 PM, Wayne Beaton wrote:

I misread the question. My apologies.

A project that is releasing must only contain other release bits. Regardless of the project phase (mature, incubation).

AFAICT, Eclipse Tycho has never done an actual release. Mickael must have read it the same way that I did and interpreted "incubation release" as "milestone build".

Tycho needs to do an actual release; the project is long overdue. I'll connect with the project leads.

I don't know whether those 0.27.0, 0.28.0 are releases or milestones.
We'll chat about it on the Tycho mailing-list, but Tycho is typically a project that needs to consume milestones of Equinox early. If releasing is going to slow Tycho down because of the rule to include only releases, it's going to be a problem for project developers and users.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top