Re: [ice-dev] Enabling ConnectCoreAction

On 12/5/2016 9:40 AM, Ramachandran K. Narayanan wrote:
Hello Scott,

It was a silly mistake on my side. I had moved the edef folder elsewhere rather than to the root path. The url variable is no longer null, but I see the following two issues:

1) When the code attempts to importService, I get an error:
!ENTRY org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin 4 0 2016-12-05 12:34:33.946
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.core.runtime.Status[plugin=org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin;code=4;<snipped>]
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin.SelectContainerException: No consumerContainerSelector available
at org.eclipse.ecf.osgi.services.remoteserviceadmin.RemoteServiceAdmin.importService(RemoteServiceAdmin.java:428)
at org.eclipse.ice.client.common.ConnectCoreHandler$1.get(ConnectCoreHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.ice.client.common.ConnectCoreHandler$1.get(ConnectCoreHandler.java:1)
at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1590)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception importing Core remote service

My suspicion is that this is caused because you are missing a bundle from your target platform.   Please make sure that this bundle (and any non-present deps) is present:

org.eclipse.ecf.provider.remoteservice

If it is present and you get this or some other import error then perhaps it could be checked in on branch and I'll take a look.

Scott

Back to the top