From: ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of McCaskey, Alex <mccaskeyaj@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 4:05 PM
To: ice developer discussions
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [ice-dev] Banning java.nio.Files Forever

Not sure if we’ve already banned it, but I propose we ban forever the use of java.nio.Files when used with project resources. We should always be using org.eclipse.core.resources data types. I just chased a bug in NewICEItemProjectWizard forever that turned out to be caused by java.nio.Files, and it’s not the first time I’ve been bit by it.

Alex