From: ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <ice-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Andrew Bennett <bennett.andr@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:33 PM
To: ice developer discussions
Subject: [ice-dev] Trouble adding Xtext and Xtend to the target definition

I have gotten my test projects with Xtext/Xtend to the point that I should be able to start integrating in ICE components.  To do this and continue to build my test projects I need to be able to build them into ICE.  When I add the projects into the ICE source I get errors relating to Xtext/Xtend libraries not being available.  To resolve this I tried adding them to the target definition, which resolves the issues related to Xtext/Xtend.  However, after target resolution occurs I get the message:

 > You have selected a targe with a newer version than your current Eclipse installation.  This can cause unexpected behaviour in PDE.  Please use a newer version of Eclipse.

Following this, most of the projects are broken due to bundles not resolving correctly.  Notable bundles include org.slf4j and org.eclipse.platform, among many others.

Are these errors the fault of my process of adding Xtext/Xtend, or is there some deeper issue with compatibility of the plugins that we are using?

Andrew

Back to the top