Re: [ice-dev] Materials Database Null Pointer

A probably related issue I stumbled across:

The ClientHolder is not consuming an IClient service at startup. This means that the ICE Perspective Item Viewer is initially empty, until the "Create an Item" button is pressed. At this point, the ClientHolder registers the service and the Item Viewer is populated.

Robert

From: Smith, Robert W.
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:49 PM
To: Billings, Jay Jay
Subject: Materials Database Null Pointer

Jay,

Alex told me you just wanted me to diagnose this, instead of fixing it, so here's what I think is going wrong.

The null pointer is coming when the page is trying to reference the MaterialsDatabase. This is supposed to ultimately come from the MaterialsDatabaseServiceHolder, so I suspect the problem is that the MaterialsDatabaseServiceHolder is not being given an IMaterialsDatabase service by the OSGI layer.

Robert

Back to the top