[ice-dev] Big changes in "next"

Everyone,

To follow up on my previous email about the new staging branch, I wanted to let you know about new changes that are in that branch.

I have already started merging my "projectSupport" branch into "next" because the former branch already contains fixes that addresses several of the bugs I encountered today. It includes partial support for creating Items in projects. The HDF5 bundles have been moved from dependencies to org.eclipse.ice.io since the CQ was approved. It contains a refactored build that can update all the version numbers in ICE and removes the "third" stage since newer versions of Tycho are much faster. It also includes a *complete* refactor of the repository that will require you to manually merge your changes in some cases.

This branch will require significant work to finish before I can merge it with master and it is very, very broken. I will work on it tomorrow to get it building and iron out the issues with it. As you switch to it, please make sure that all of your files and recent changes are still where you expect. I may have missed something in the merge. Don't be surprised if it doesn't work for you for a bit while I fix it.

The current code in "next" will form the basis for ICE 2.1.7.

Jay

--
Jay Jay Billings
Oak Ridge National Laboratory