Re: [ice-dev] Error installing ICE

Chekuri,

Thanks for the email! I am sorry for your trouble.

First, you should definitely join our mailing list. That will let us all jump in and help you.

The problem with your install is that you are running Java 1.6 and ICE requires Java 1.8. See the third line of your log:

java.version=1.6.0_34

I recommend that you install the OpenJDK 1.8 by running

yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk

If it is already installed but needs to be set as the default (which I just had to do) then you can run

alternatives --config java

and choose it from the list.

Let me know if that works for you and if you have more problems.

We should definitely talk more about your project and especially how we can help you. I have time Thursday or Friday morning this week or most mornings next week. Just let me know.

Jay