[ice-dev] Python ICore update code

Everyone,

Here’s the code I was able to put together to let python post updates to a running Core instance.

import json
import requests
import base64

if __name__ == '__main__':

    # Set the ICore url for updates
    url = 'http://localhost:8080/ice/update'

    # It requires the username:password be encoded
    s = base64.b64encode('ice:veryice')

    # Set up your json map
    payload = {'some': 'data'}

    # Set up the headers, These have to be here
    headers = {'Authorization' : 'Basic ' + s, 'Content-type': 'application/x-www-form-urlencoded', 'Accept': 'text/plain'}

    # Start a requests session
    session = requests.session()

    # Get the ICE update url
    session.get(url)

    # Post the json message with the given headers
    r = session.post(url, json=payload, headers=headers)
    print r

    # Close the session
    session.close()

Jordan, I imagine you should be able to start experimenting with the Peacock IO stuff using this code now.

Best,

Alex

Back to the top