[ice-dev] Fwd: ICE-ParaView integration

2nd attempt to forward this to the dev list. Thunderbird shouldn't be suggesting "ice-dev-request" any more, I hope.

Jordan

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: ICE-ParaView integration
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 17:07:57 -0500
From: Jordan Deyton <deytonjh@xxxxxxxx>
To: ice-dev-request@xxxxxxxxxxx, Sebastien Jourdain <sebastien.jourdain@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Patrick O'Leary <patrick.oleary@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Scott Wittenburg <scott.wittenburg@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Scott, Sebastien, et al,

I have been trying to open up an Exodus file using the
http_pvw_server.py script that you wrote. I have successfully opened and
rendered the test file by sending RPC calls to a remote server. In
particular, I used "file.server.directory.list" and
"pv.proxy.manager.create.reader" to get the files open. The end result
is that the Exodus file is successfully opened and rendered over the
connection (huzzah!).

However, I haven't been able to figure out how to customize what exactly
is displayed for the file. For instance, I'd like to be able to switch
between "surface", "wireframe", "surface with edges", and other
representations. I would also like to switch between the different
variables in the "Color By" widget seen in the Web Vizualizer's
"Representation" section. See the attached pictures for a little more
context.

It looks like I might be able to pull the different variables from the
proxy's properties as returned by "pv.proxy.manager.get", but I'm not
sure what RPC method (if any) can be used to change these settings.

Also, would anyone happen to have a link to the most recent ParaViewWeb
documentation?

Thanks,
Jordan

--