Re: [ice-dev] Trouble with the GitHub build

(Moved this to the ICE-Dev list)

Hey Andrew,

Jay just updated the org.eclipse.ice.build plugin to make this process easier and more efficient. He removed the eclipse and hudson subdirectories and replaced it with just one pom.xml file to build ICE. All you need to do is

1. Clone the ICE repo to your eclipse workspace and import all projects.
2. Clone the visit_java_client repo to that same workspace and import the gov.lbnl.visit.swt project.
3. SVN check out the org.eclipse.ice.dependencies bundle from source forge.

So you should now have the following directory structure

/path/to/ICEWorkspace
ice/
org.eclipse.ice.dependencies/
visit_java_client/

Then all you need to do in Eclipse is right click the pom.xml in org.eclipse.ice.build and Run As > Maven Install.

Hope that helps.

Alex