[hono-dev] validating tenant payload data

Hi team,

I want to understand why Hono relaxes the requirement of checking valid key-value pairs when storing tenant payload data. Like, someone can literally store any data without upfront validation. However, accessor/getter methods do throw exceptions when something is not right.

I am asking specifically in the case of trust anchors. you can store a public key/cert value that is not Base64 encoded, without any problem. however, an accessor that would retrieve a public key or X.509 certificate instance will throw an exception to the caller if the certificate or key instance cannot be created. I was thinking making the caller code easier would be to not throw any exception and validate the data upfront before it is stored..

Is there a reason why it is designed this way?

kind regards
--
alfu

Back to the top