[hono-dev] Upgrade to Java 11

Hi list,

Jens had added support for building Hono using a version 10/11 JDK some while
ago. As part of that effort, we now also run our integration tests using Maven on
Travis using a version 10 JRE. However, we didn't upgrade the JRE used in our
Docker images yet.

Are there any specific reasons that should prevent us from starting to use e.g.
OpenJDK 11 in our Docker images? Please note that we are still using Java 8 as
the source and target level in our build, so all jars we publish on Maven Central
can still be run using a version 8 JRE ...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Ullsteinstr. 128
12109 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered Office: Berlin, Registration Court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg; HRB
148411 B
Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr.-Ing. Thorsten Lücke; Managing Directors:
Dr. Stefan Ferber, Michael Hahn

Back to the top