[hono-dev] Command & Control response buffering

Hi all,

as far as I understand, currently, the responses (replies) for the commands will be lost if there is no registered consumer. This could be a problem in some cases. For instance if the command execution on the device side takes too long – e.g. hours.

In that case when the response is returned the backend application may be down and the result of the execution could be lost. I thing that it would be better to have buffering of the command responses on in hono in order to provide guaranties that the response of the commands will reach the backend application. After all, such guaranties are available for the events. And the command results are maybe event more important then events.

What do you thing?

Поздрави / Best regards,

Avgustin Marinov

Engineering Cloud Services Device Manager
(INST/ECS8)
Bosch Software Innovations EOOD | 47B Tsarigradsko Shose | Sofia 1124 | BULGARIA
| www.bosch-si.com
Tel. +359 2 9055801 | Mobile +359 889 464664 | Fax +359 2 9532617 | Avgustin.Marinov@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top