Re: [hono-dev] Connect Hono to the Azure Service Bus

On Wed, 2018-04-25 at 12:09 +0000, Graser Leon (INST-CSS/BSV-OS) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For a project I currently try to connect Hono to the Azure Service Bus via
> AMQP. Therefore, I created an instance of the Serviec Bus on Microsoft Azure
> and an access policy.

Are you running Hono on Azure as well? Are your deploying Hono to Docker Swarm or
Kubernetes/OPenShift?

> In the hono-service-messaging-config.yml file I tried to replace the hono-
> dispatch-router with the service bus details like this:
>                   downstream:
>                                 host: az-service-bus.hono
>                                 port: 5672
>                                 tlsEnabled: true
>                                 password: <primary key generated by Azure>
>                                 username: hono-messaging
> where the az-service-bus.hono maps to the respective url of the service bus
> <name>.servicebus.windows.net.

What do you mean by "maps to the respective URL"? The "host" variable is supposed
to hold the DNS name of the service you want to connect to. So, setting it to
"az-service-bus.hono" would require that name to be resolvable to the IP address
of the Azure Service Bus endpoint you want to connect to.