[hono-dev] Working on OpenShift/S2I deployment

Hi,

in the last weeks I've been working a bit on a Hono setup running on EnMasse and OpenShift. My goal was to find an optimal solution for deploying Hono on a production like OpenShift instance compared to the current "minishift" based approach.

You can have a look at my changes in a forked branch: https://github.com/ctron/hono/tree/feature/support_s2i

I do know that this is purely OpenShift specific. And I don't expected to simply merge that changes into Hono. But I would like to start a discussion around offering some improvements to the deployment of Hono on OpenShift.

Aside from a few code changes, the main setup is at: https://github.com/ctron/hono/tree/feature/support_s2i/openshift

It basically makes use of S2I in order to build fresh images when deploying, uses OpenShift templates to create everything. Using OpenShift's internal CA for keys&certs.

Cheers

Jens

--
Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top