Re: [hono-dev] [Hono-Scalability]: Hono-Jmeter plugin testing challenges

Hi Siva,

1 and 2)

The test should run and the receiver should receive all sender messages (at least if you give him more time). This should be true, if you selected the “Wait for credits” in the sender (as it is in the default) test case? If they would be discarded by Hono it would be visible in Grafana. Are there errors in the JMeter logs?

3)

I do not really understand what you mean here? What do want to archive?

4)

The idea to send (max) 300 messages in one JMeter sample is because with sending only one message, there is a lot of time in the sample management of JMeter. I agree that it would be nice to configure this (maybe you could create an issue?) But this 300 has nothing to do with the initial 250 link capacity. This 250 credits are given initially from the dispatch router intermediary. The following capacity exchange is done with own frames after they are under a certain limit. But the message flow and credit handling is complex and I would need to dive deeper in it to be sure.

The handling with number of devices from the test is not necessarily exactly the same if you compare it with an adapter. The test opens a connection and a link for each thread (=sender, =device). At e.g. our adapters all devices would be handled over the same connection. But I do not think this will end in very different numbers, for the moment.

In our default configuration the dispatch router is configured to multiplex/fanout to all consumers. In this configuration all consumers need to get the message – so I would expect the the dispatch router to be the bottle neck if you have more consumers.

For the telemetry test it might be also a good idea to reconfigure the router to balance to the receivers (and use more of them) – if not, the single receiver might always be the bottle neck.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Marc Pellmann

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH

INST/ECS4

Schöneberger Ufer 89-91

10785 Berlin

GERMANY

marc.pellmann@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B