Re: [hono-dev] Regarding the integration with other Eclipse project

Hello,

First of all, congrats on the new milestone of Hono,

I followed what you had said with the "add_lwm2m" branch for a while but I couldn't make it to work as intended. I used the client demo from Leshan 1.0.0-M1 to match with the version supported by "add_lwm2m" branch. When I used the Demo Web UI to observe the resources of the client, there is no telemetry data following downstream, I still can see the changes of observed values on the Web UI. I test on observing different resources but none of them sends the telemetry data to Hono consumer.

Furthermore, after the consumer is started for a while, vertx throws alot of warning messages:

14:11:39.993 [vertx-blocked-thread-checker] WARN  i.v.core.impl.BlockedThreadChecker - Thread Thread[vert.x-worker-thread-0,5,org.eclipse.hono.example.Application] has been blocked for 82944 ms, time limit is 60000
io.vertx.core.VertxException: Thread blocked
    at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_131]
    at java.io.FileInputStream.read(FileInputStream.java:255) ~[na:1.8.0_131]
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:246) ~[na:1.8.0_131]
    at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:265) ~[na:1.8.0_131]
    at org.eclipse.hono.example.ExampleReceiver.waitForInput(ExampleReceiver.java:81) ~[classes/:na]
    at org.eclipse.hono.example.ExampleReceiver$$Lambda$64/1708441522.handle(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
    at io.vertx.core.impl.ContextImpl.lambda$executeBlocking$1(ContextImpl.java:263) ~[vertx-core-3.4.0.jar:na]
    at io.vertx.core.impl.ContextImpl$$Lambda$66/253698701.run(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) ~[na:1.8.0_131]
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) ~[na:1.8.0_131]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) ~[na:1.8.0_131]

Could you give me some suggestions ?

Best regards,
T. Nguyen

The "add_lwm2m" branch was indeed a very quick and dirty attempt to get LWM2M support running in Hono. We used this for a tutorial at last year's EclipseCon Europe.

So, if you just want to "get it up and running" this might work for you. However, be aware of the fact that you will need to manually create observations on resources of connected devices using leshan's Demo Web UI, i.e. there will be no telemetry data flowing downstream unless you start observing resources on the CoAP devices ...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B;