Re: [hono-dev] Support for encrypted and unencrypted AMQP port in Hono at the same time

I'm a bit confused about that because it seems that in this way the "hono.server.port" can have two different meanings ...

Secure port if keyStorePath is set

Insecure port if keyStorePath is not set

but then ... if we set the keyStorePath, then the Insecure port is specified with another parameter "hono.server.insecurePort".

Making hono.server.port mandatory we can't leverage on the IANA defaults.

If it's not mandatory and using the Kai's idea around the "allowInsecure" flag we can have :

1)

keyStorePath = <keyStorePath>

port = not configured or <port>

Only secure default 5671 (or <port>)

2)

keyStorePath = <keyStorePath>

port = not configured or <port>

allowInsecure = true

insecurePort = not configured or <insecurePort>

both secure default 5671 (or <port>) and insecure (or <insecurePort>)

Agree about warnings if default ports are used in the "wrong" way.

Paolo Patierno
Senior Software Engineer (IoT) @ Red Hat
Microsoft MVP on Windows Embedded & IoT
Microsoft Azure Advisor