Re: [hono-dev] Telemetry & Device Registration API

On 15/06/16 13:11, Guggemos Dominik (INST/ECS1) wrote:
Our idea was to normalize the information into a defined set of message
annotations that can be used to further process/route the message. What
do you think about this?

Annotations are slightly less accessible through some APIs than application-properties. E.g. the JMS client does not yet expose them.

Another question in this regard is if the Qpid
Dispatch Router is already or will be able to route messages depending
on such message annotations?

The router currently uses an internal annotation to hold the target address of the sending link the message first arrives on, if any is specified, and routes on that. At present this isn't something that is intended to be used by applications for routing, but a specific annotation that could control routing could be supported easily supported I think. Routing on generic, application defined annotations would be a similar thing to routing on generic properties.

Back to the top